Tool to create an HTML ImageMap with polygon dataset and image. The tool requires a polygon dataset and an georeferenced image file. It outputs an html file for possible further editing. The image name in the mapfile html is hard coded to be map.png.How to build the link:
- Link Select link identfier from the attribute table of the polygon data layer.
- Prefix Adds a prefix to the link identifier. If just for icon with alternative text and, add '#').
- Suffix Adds a suffix of the link identifier. Likewise '.txt, .html, .doc, .png'.
The link will be built with the pattern 'Prefix + Identifier + Suffix'
Example for GUI usage:
- Image and Polygon dataset have to share the same projection.
- Special characters in link (like ö, ß, oder ») are not automatically replaced to html entities. Replace them after creation in editor if needed.
- Load your polygon dataset and open it in a map.
- Create an image of this map using the map's menu command 'Save Map to Workspace' and save it to an image file using the file name 'map.png'.
- Run this tool and save the output to the same directory as the image.
- Open the html file in a browser for preview.
- Further editing of the html file is suggested.